Functional Skills is free of charge to anyone aged 19 or over, in employment or unemployed.
All courses are tailor-made to suit each individual candidate.
Candidates are assessed to establish the correct working level for them and a range of methods and resources are used, along with one to one support, to assist the learner to gain a qualification.
Classes are informal, relaxed and friendly and learners can work at their own pace, with emphasis placed upon reaching personal goals.
Qualifications are available from Entry Level up to Level 2.
Progression through levels to work towards the best qualification is also an option.
· Improve your word power and comprehension
· Learn essential written and verbal communication
· Improve your confidence and ability in the workplace
· Gain valuable, transferrable skills
· Improve your budgeting and number skills
· Learn skills to help you in your daily life
· Increase your employment opportunities
· Help your children with their homework