If you should need to self-isolate or national lockdown requires you to remain at home, we have the ability to continue delivery using a range of online platforms.
Genesis can deliver our courses fully online. This is a combination of Microsoft Teams delivery, online learning content, and tutor support. We will host MS Teams sessions in the morning and set daily tasks, followed by a secondary MS Teams session in the afternoon for learner feedback and lesson recaps.
You will be enrolled on to a structured course with a set start and end date; and will be allocated a tutor who will work with you for the duration of your course to ensure you keep on track and achieve on time.
A register is taken for every session and attendance is logged with the admin team.
The expectations are the same for remote learning as for face-to-face delivery. This includes:
· A professional and mature approach at all times
· Logging in promptly and joining the Teams meeting at the start of each lesson
· Using the learning platforms appropriately and safely
· Be respectful of others in the language they use, both verbally and in chat
You must follow the rules set out in our ICT Acceptable Use Policy and are expected to attend all timetabled remote lessons.
As part of our delivery arrangements; staff will
· Raise any concerns relating to attendance at online sessions
· Set appropriate work equating to the agreed number of lessons and the agreed length of the lesson. Digital lessons may be changed to best meet your needs
· Clearly identify the intended outcome of any set work
· Continue to monitor the completion of work set and offer feedback
If you have difficulty accessing online learning content or an internet enabled device, please contact the office on 01744 733 711 to discuss your options with a member of the team.